Wednesday, October 14, 2009

~ Two Quilts Going To A Good Home ~

Going home soon!!!

I have decided to let these two quilts go............

The Grandmother's Flower Garden (the first picture) has been living in my closet and has never been on a bed . :>(

My Godson's wife will have a benefit to help pay some medical bill for her Father that is ill . So these two quilts will have a purpose .

This Grandmother's Flower Garden was made about 8 or 9 years ago .
I was making it to put on my 91 year old Mother-in-Law's iron bed . She would come over on weekends to stay with us. We had her old iron bed set up in our spare room . She watched me as I would cut this quilt out with a hexagon ruler . She just couldn't get over how fast I could cut the whole quilt and that every piece in the quilt was a hexagon . It was my first one that I made and was fun to put together . Sad to say she didn't see the completed quilt that I was making for her ............. She had a stroke and died some time later .Hand quilted ~ Queen size ~
This quilt I made in a class at the quilt shop in Houma ,Louisiana .

Its called Stack & Whack !!! Lots of fun making this one too .
















4 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Both beautiful, and how lovely that they're going off to benefit someone else now.

vgautreaux said...

Beautiful! You are such a generous person! I know they will be appreciated....thank you!

daisyduke53 said...

We'll never know the blessings our quilts, made with love, will bring in their travels through their user friendly lifetime. Quilts don't last forever but memories of them do.
Make sure you sign them so maybe they will email you how they are doing. hugs camille

Star said...

Betty, your quilts are absolutely beautiful!!!