Saturday, November 14, 2009

~ The Carrot Cake ~

Carrot Cake with Italian Cream Cheese Frosting !!!

I made this cake as a donation for the benefit we went to last weekend . I love this cake !!!!! I don't make it much because I am the only one at home that likes it :(
So Last Friday afternoon I baked this cake ......


It rode in the car on the seat next to me for 2 hours . I could smell it ..........AH ! The almond extract !! So wonderful !!! I wanted a piece of this cake so bad that I had plans on bidding on it . Time came for the cake to be auctioned off and it when up to 50 or 60 dollars. I really didn't want to pay that much so I stopped bidding :(((

Really hope they enjoyed it .......

Here is the recipe for it , so easy to make too !!

Carrot Cake/ Italian Cream Cheese Frosting

2 cups sugar

1 1/2 cup oil

3 eggs

1 tsp. almond extract

2 1/4 cups flour

1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp.baking soda

1 tsp. salt

2 cups shredded carrots

2 cups flaked coconut

1 8 oz can crushed pineapple (drained)

1 cup chopped nuts (your choice) I use pecans

Combine sugar,oil,eggs,extracts and blend. Stir in flour,cinnamon,baking soda,and salt. Mix well Fold in carrots,coconuts, pineapple and nuts Pour into a greased 13 x 9 pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

Frosting:

2 3oz. package of cream cheese

1 stick butter ( not margarine)

1/4 cup of cream(can milk)

2 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp salt

3 to 4 cups powdered sugar

1 cup coconut

Let cream cheese sit out in room temperature to soften. Combine cream cheese, butter,vanilla,salt and blend . Beat in enough powdered sugar to make mixture spreadable . Frost cake after it has cooled then add some coconut to the top and sides of cake .





3 comments:

vgautreaux said...

Yes it did look good! You could always make another & share! ;-)

Colleen's Blog Long Island NY said...

Looks really yummy Betty. Not so good calorie wise though.

annette said...

ohhhh!!!!! betty
i think i gain 5 lbs looking at the cake
i can not wait to try the recipe
is that a placemate under the cake if so did you make it?
was t hard?
annette