Saturday, June 6, 2009

Call Me The "Bag Lady"

What can I say, I love Bags !!!



I love making bags , especially making bags out of scraps or recycled fabric .
This denim bag was made out of an old jean skirt that I bought at the Good Will Store . It had a lot of fabric . I was able to make two hand bags out of this one skirt . I still have some of it in my stash. The rest of the body of the bag was from bits and pieces of left over fabric .

This bag is very large . I have a pocket on the inside too.





Pineapple Bag
The squares are only 4 inches sq.
(I know ,I know I am nuts.)
But believe it or not I love working with the small blocks .
The blocks were Paper Pieced and really make it easy to make .


Again the blocks are all from my scrap box . I really hate to get rid of small pieces. I know I can use them some day . With fabric prices as they are these little scrap are worth a lot ( to me anyway :)

This bag has pockets on the inside too.

Total Scrappy !

I had lots of strip from a previous project and used them up to make this one

The other side of the bag .

"Spring"
This is a bag I make for a Swap that I was in on The About Quilt Forum
Use a 12 inch Block and add the sides then quilted the whole thing . She LOVED it .
I really enjoyed making this one

Wonder Wallet
I made this for myself . Really neat .
It holds all your credit cards and folded dollar bills .
You can see just how small this wallet really it .


3 comments:

Lynette said...

I am totally in love with the pineaple bag. They are all gorgeous though. But everything you make is:)

vgautreaux said...

Beautiful & usefull!!

Queen of pink in a house of blue said...

Great idea to recycle your scraps and wonderful looking bags!!